Tuesday 5 February 2008

Notable Quotables: Day 1

I've seemed to have collected a few quotes over the years... here are some of more recent ones that I found on my pda... fleshed out over a few days... coz I wanna sound all deep and wisdomous like. (^^)

Day1: I like this one coz for all its passive non-PCness... in the end it makes sense. =P

Don't get me wrong. I know Im objectifying women, but I do so without malice. I know in my own heart I don't mean anything bad by it. I just talk about everything that way. That's what all men do. We look at a picture in Playboy and say,

"Whew. Nice lines."

When we get to know the woman as a person, she's no longer an object. I wonder if it's similar but reversed for women? Because of our appearance, they project all sorts of feelings onto us that aren't there:

"That guy's like such and such, I can tell. He wants me."

Then they get to know us and we wind up as objects.

"I always knew he was a lug nut."

- Tim Allen, Don't Stand Too Close To A Naked Man

No comments: