Wednesday 27 January 2010

#27: Next Week: Rigidity!

To demonstrate the meaning of the work "Awkward" today, I told my students to close their eyes and imagine walking into their parents bedroom while they were having sex. What they're feeling now is only partially awkward, to get the feeling more distinctly - I told them to then imagine sitting at dinner later that same night and trying to look them in the eyes.

This process is known as "Guided Discovery", it's my favourite style. (^^)




I lost my watch yesterday. I worked out that it must have slipped off while I was riding my bike home. It was a birthday present from my mum from I turned 21. It was engraved. None of the shops I'd been to in the time in between had had any lost property handed in. I also learned that I find it really difficult to pronounce "watch" properly in Mandarin. Crap.

No comments: