Tuesday 16 February 2010

#47: North to East.

We set off on Sunday night at around 10pm from Taipei and did a night ride down to Su-ao where we camped just behind a military gate, there were many territorial stray dogs around so we were well protected. We woke around 5am and hammered it down Route 9 pass Hualien through the middle of Taiwan and stopped in the town of ChiShang just before sun down and set up camp again in front of a pretty nice lake.

Before we'd started the journey, I zero'd my trip counter. At the lake, the end of the first full day of riding, it was reading 357km.

It was another early start the next morning where we again woke at 5am and knocked out the last 50km into Taidong. My friends caught the 7:30am ferry to Green Island, and I woulda loved to have gone with them, but it wouldn't have been right to go without someone there.

At 7:30am, with my trip counter reading just over 400km, I turned The Grandpa around and set off northbound along Route 11. It was sunny.

No comments: