Thursday 29 April 2010

#119: Leaving Impressions I: Singapore.

How travelling-blogger am I?! Writing this as I sit on the overnight train outta Singapore and arriving into Kuala Lumpur around 6am tomorrow morning. The GPS tells me we crossed the border about 30mins ago and thankfully that smelly looking fellow with the bad teeth wasn't assigned the seat next to mine.

So Singapore was a bit of a weird city. It's a lovely place and all, but unlike Sydney and HK (actually HK less so) - it's not a place I could see myself living in. Can't quite place my finger on it - but it's not for me as a settling place. Meh.

Having said that though, I did end up having a great conversation with the manager of a toy museum. The man ended up telling me so much more information about the exhibits, the city, his sons, his relationship to the museum owner, his appreciation of facebook, than I ever bargained for.

I also had a lady randomly ask me for household tips in the middle of Starbucks, we ended up chatting for a good few hours about how best to handle our mothers.

Well that's never happened before.

No comments: