Monday 5 July 2010

#186: Don't Do It For The Kudos.

While the reason why I live by the "Treat Others As You'd Like To Be Treated" ideology is purely selfish (It makes me feel good about myself). I do hold to it very strongly; it's simply good karma and something I'd definitely try and encourage my future kiddies to live to too.

I'll always follow it up with the warning sticker though - even if they show others the level of respect that they'd wish to be reciprocated back at themselves - they should never, ever, ever expect that to be the actual outcome observed. The world isn't built that way, play to its flow:

The person who is good and decent to others coz they want to be treated good and decent themselves will be disappointed 80% of the time.

The person who is good and decent to others coz they want to be a good and decent person will be smiling 95% of the time.

By taking the external party out of the equation you really do become the master of your own destiny. Whatever the response is - it should not be the majority share in your own disposition. Take the positive and forget the negatives.


Selfish and satisfied... like a true sociopath. =)

No comments: