Sunday 19 September 2010

#262: In Defence.

On more than a couple of occasions I've been told that I have this incessant need to be right all the time - and usually on a related note, I've also been told that I always have an answer for everything (My parents know this lil trait very very well).

The first issue surprises me coz I never thought of it that way - I guess it comes from that I actually do tend to have an answer for everything. But not coz I need to be right, far from it. It comes from a time in a previous life when I was much more loudmouthed (even more so than now), and said mouth would be constantly getting myself into embarrassing situations.

As part of the process, I developed what I suppose for me - is a defence mechanism to try to always challenge my own opinions before putting them forward. To the point where now I never present a viewpoint without having sufficient logical evidence to back them up. Hyperlogic helps.

Apparently, this point-counterpoint thingy irks a lot of people.

Eh.

It's easy to forget that people who are able to backup their opinions with lots of fancy words still don't necessarily have to be right. All it shows is that they've thought of their output before outputting. That's all.

Hehe.

I know what I know, if you know different, then let me know and I'll see if it revises what I know. Like it or loathe it; that's the best way that I know how.

=P

No comments: