Thursday 28 October 2010

#300: Scatterbrains.

I think that if I ever became an alcoholic... I'd be one of those functional ones.

The past coupla days, without even leaving the house - I've had a million and one things to do. And they all had to be done at this instance.

Everytime I started on one task, I'd be thinking I should be getting started on another task. There's no focus, there's always another job in the back of my mind, just waiting to be done.

Come to think of it - nevermind the past coupla days, seems like that's how it's been for the past coupla years.

It's quite possibly why I enjoy long distance roadtrips/climbing mountains/hiking so much - they all require the brain to focus on one single task for an extended period of time. It's highly refreshing.

What's with the alcoholic factor? I can't speak for how any other person gets affected, but I find my brightest moments of clarity comes in times of tipsiness. I'm able to fade non-essentials to the background much easier and focus on the task at hand much more readily, whatever that task may be.

Whether it's coz I'm just forced to concentrate that much harder coz I'm aware I'm tipsy or whatever, the end result is still the same: I don't get distracted when I'm drunk.

Maybe that's why Grandad Lee always had a brandy in hand... the source of his cookery genius!

Maybe I should stop being just a social drinker... hmmmmmmmmmm...............

No comments: