Friday 24 August 2007

Lil Moments Like These

A friend of mine was travelling back on the shinkansen recently when the man sitting next to her turned and said something unexpected:

"I like my women like I like my coffee, not wearing a shirt."

Nah, just kidding... though I gotta try that one someday. *sniggers*





What he actually said was, "Excuse me, I'm gonna buy you an ice cream."

My friend was quite taken aback by this and politely refused.

"I'm sorry, I really feel like some ice cream, but I feel embarrassed sitting here eating by myself." he explained, "Please let me treat you, so that I may have some company to enjoy the dessert with."

He looked like a kind man, so when the food cart passed again the man ordered two vanilla cups. They ended up chatting for the rest of the ride home, and my friend later told me that that lil encounter really made her day as she had been a bit glum that week.

The guy was about 70yrs old. But I guess you'd have to be to be able to intro like that with total purity. Though there's a lot to be said about learning from our generations past...

I'll be riding on 8 different planes in September... time to get practising... (0.-)

No comments: