Monday 1 February 2010

#32: If It Was Easy, Everybody Would Be Doing It.

Riding the coach back from FancyWorld theme park (*snigger*) to Taipei, I was watching Burn Notice on my netbook when I noticed the movie they were playing on the coach itself looked pretty interesting. Since it was a Japanese movie with Chinese subtitles - my understanding of what was happening only went so far.

So I paused my video, bluetoothed the netbook to the phone in my bag under my legs and used the gprs on the phone to google the movie synopsis through the netbook. When I finished reading, I replied a sms, disconnected the phone and continued watching Burn Notice without ever touching the phone itself.

I realise that nowadays, the average hipster could do all that with just their newfangled iPhones... but the nerd in me relishes that I did it at 80mph in the middle of a motorway surrounded by a bunch of sleeping/carsick Taiwanese people, and I did it with my Dad's old k810i. I also knew exactly how fast the coach was speeding at coz I had my even-ancienter TomTom gps going on at the same time as well.

Actually... technically speaking, I coulda done all that with the k810i alone too.
But that'd just be showing off.

No comments: