Wednesday 20 June 2007

It's quite simple really...

For some reason, the question I get asked most by people back home is whether I've found a girlfriend out here yet. And for some reason, they're always surprised when I tell them I haven't. After all, everyone else who comes out here seems to have no trouble at all in finding a partner (or two).

So this is what happens - the girls I've met out here generally tend to fall into one or more of the following areas:

- I'm attracted to them in that way, but they're not attracted to me in that way.
- They're attracted to me in that way, but I'm not attracted to them in that way.
- I'm attracted to them in that way, but I cannot talk to them either literally or figuratively or both.
- I can talk to them either literally or figuratively or both, but I'm not attracted to them in that way.
- I can talk to them either literally or figuratively or both, but they're attracted to someone else in that way.

(There's overlap there, but Meh, I don't care =P )


It's been commented a bunch of times that my approach to life is pretty flippant and free-spirited. Actually, I see it more as a direct result of the fact that its hard to take anything seriously when you're dealt a deck as brimming with juicy ironicness as the above. Comes with a wicked sense of humour too!

See - and so it's not so surprising after all is it? o(^-^)o

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You love it! . . . (It just doesn't love you back)